Thursday, May 14, 2009

2009 Alaska Vacation - Ketchikan the ZIPLINE

First port of call... Ketchikan!


What an amazing... beautiful place... ah, Ketchikan Alaska!!!


Jerome, Dan, Julie and I got off the boat bright and early and did what they call... "a Canopy Adventure"... It was a ZIPLINE excursion. 7 ziplines, 3 suspension bridges and we got to propel down a 160 foot drop!!!
Let me tell you, be in a harness and zipping through the air above the trees... WHAT A RUSH!!!

I have to warn you again, we have MANY pictures... hope you don't mind!

Jerome on the deck of the boat at Ketchikan, video taping the view!!! Ah... Ketchikan!!!


This is Chris our tour guide heading up the rear of the group (Adam, the guide in front had already gone) was getting Jerome all ready to go on his first zip... Get Ready... GO!!!!
This was the view of the platforms we were on... notice how small they are and NO rails!!! It was awesome, the view was beautiful!!! If you notice the orange rope going down on the left hand side, someone had to be lowered down. After this zip, he decided he was done and the only way out... is straight DOWN!

Jerome heading towards me on the zip... the next picture he's closer!

This is next picture of Jerome heading in from the zip.

Jerome going ahead of me on one of our LONG zips... WOW exhilarating!!!

This is Julie's back as I walked behind her on the suspension bridge.

Jerome looking all cool on the suspension bridge!

The view from the starting platform on our last zip.

OK... Adam was so impressed with Jerome right here... if you notice, Jerome has the video camera pointed forward and going... Adam said... "Oh WOW, Jerome's going live!" He got the E-Brake out for him, but Jerome was all over it!!! He even stopped in time... whew, Jerome was awesome!
Adam, our tour guide that would go first. He would give us our signals on when to slow down. He also helped me several times when I stopped too soon and was stuck... at least 3 times. He would say "hold on Shai, don't worry Shai, I've got you Shai." as I was dangling 160 feet in the air mid-zip! Good Times!

Chris, one of our guides, he was hooking up everyone to take off and then he would zip in after all of us.

Jerome heading down.

Julie heading down.

Here's a picture of Dan, after all the excitement!


Eagles we saw in flight right after we finished the ziplines... what a beautiful morning!!!!

1 comment:

Mom/Grandma said...

Great photos! I sent some to Dave and Annette so that they could see what you guys did. I'm so glad you had the experience. Love, Mom