Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dayton in Gymnastics again...

I received a phone call a couple of weeks ago from gymnastics asking me if I would be willing to try gymnastics with a new boys coach for 1 free month. Well, I know Dayton liked gymnastics and I'm not one to turn down a free offer, so I said "sign us up!"
A little background: Dayton was in the level above parent tot, so it was more of introducing toddlers to gymnastics. It was basic moves and tumbling and it was co-ed. We loved watching Dayton do gymnastics, but we felt swimming was a safety skill and Amara was of age to start, we focused on having both kids in swimming.
Well this month works out pretty cool because when this free month is over, swimming is closed for three weeks so we'll keep Dayton in gymnastics for another more month while swimming is closed.
Now, it's pretty amazing to see Dayton growing up and doing gymnastics with the boys! He has a boys coach and they are keeping him with the boys gymnastics events like the rings, the horse and the even bars. We do miss coach Tammy who taught him for so long. She was so sweet to him and really helped him learn so much. Luckily we still get to see her every time we go (and can still give her hugs!!)
He didn't do the horse the first time, so I didn't bring my camera for that, I'll have to do another posting and update you later.
He's doing great and we are so proud of him!!!


Here he is warming up. WOW, he really is with all the big boys!

OOHHH CHALK!!!

He's never had to do anything before that required chalk... he liked this part!!

Here he is crawling on the even bars.

THE RINGS.... do you see how high those rings are, they are as tall as the coach! He would hang on and bring his knees up and then...

bring his knees down and point his toes straight.

While the coach helped the other kids and they were waiting their turn, they got to swing on the bars.

Here they run and jump and do a flip... this is the first time Dayton really did any of these things!! It was so cool to watch!

1 comment:

Mom/Grandma said...

Good going Dayton! I am looking forward to coming one night to watch you! Great job. Love, Grandma