Saturday, December 19, 2009

Counter-top Project

Well, there's a couple of things... this is to blog our counter-top project. Katrina was always saying, you need to make your pictures bigger, and I always said.. I DID... but I'm sorry Katrina, I just looked, they were on medium, not large, so I'm trying something new and making the pictures large, I hope this helps!!!

Ever since we moved in, we wanted our kitchen "island" to be a "peninsula". We didn't do anything in 2007, but in 2008, we had the cabinets made and purchased the wine/soda fridge. Then in 2009 we got the new counter-tops. Here are some pictures of our newest project.



This is a before picture, this is how the slate back-splash and Formica counter-tops looked.



Another before picture of the island.


Here's a messy picture of the peninsula with the new counter-tops (this was taken while the installation of the counter-tops was happening).


The next day after the counter-tops, we had a tile guy come in and put more slate on the wall that we connected the peninsula to. Notice the bottom row?


Here's a picture close-up of the bottom row of slate... with the new counter-tops, we had to figure out what to do with the first row of slate. We actually found this at Home depot... it's an awesome match! We were so excited and to tell you the truth, it looked better than I imagined!!



The new sink... ah.. a sunken sink, I just love that!!!

1 comment:

Mom/Grandma said...

These photos are good but really your new counter tops are much prettier than you can tell from here. It really made a huge upgrade to your kitchen. Not that your kitchen wasn't already pretty.